6. After reaching 24 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Adele broke Whitney Houston‘s report for longest-running No. 1 album by a feminine solo artist in U.S. historical past (The Bodyguard soundtrack tapped out after 21 weeks). The run on the high made 21 the longest-running No. 1 within the fashionable Nielsen SoundScan period, which started 30 years in the past.
7. 21 was the best-selling album in each the U.S. and Canada in 2011 and 2012, making it the primary album to tug off that individual feat since Michael Jackson‘s Thriller in 1983 and 1984.
8. In December 2011, Billboard named Adele Artist of the 12 months, awarded 21 the Billboard 200 Album of the 12 months and revealed “Rolling within the Deep” because the Billboard Scorching 100 Music of the 12 months, making her the primary lady to ever high all three classes without delay. Due to the enduring gross sales of the album, she was awarded Artist of the 12 months and Album of the 12 months in 2012 as properly, making her the primary artist to ever win each back-to-back.
9. On the 2012 Grammys, she received all six classes she was nominated in, together with Album of the 12 months, File of the 12 months and Music of the 12 months, making her solely the second feminine artist in historical past (behind Beyoncé) to win that many awards in a single night time. Coupled together with her earlier win for Finest New Artist, she grew to become the primary feminine and second artist ever to win all 4 basic area awards all through her profession, following Christopher Cross, who received them suddenly in 1980. (Billie Eilish would, in fact, change into the primary lady to sweep all four at once in 2020.)
10. When the Recording Trade Affiliation of America awarded 21 with Diamond certification for greater than 10 million copies bought in November 2012, Adele grew to become the one artist or band in a decade to earn it with only a single-disc album in that in need of time. She would, in fact, go on to interrupt her personal report when 25, launched in 2015, did it in lower than a 12 months.